An annual publication giving current information and listing events or aspects of the previous year. It’s a term that is also used specifically for commemorative annual books published by schools with photographs of students in that cohort.
Image The Oliver Wendell Holmes year book [Front cover]. by Boston Public Library CC licence. Some rights reserved.
According to Wikipedia’s disambiguation page Yearbook may also refer to:
- Yearbook (TV series), a TV documentary film made by the FOX Network
- "Yearbook", a song on the Hanson album Middle of Nowhere
- Year Books, law reports from England from the 13th through 16th centuries
- The Yearbook, album by rapper KJ-52
- Year Book Medical Publishers, an American medical publishing firm that merged with C. V. Mosby into Mosby–Year Book
- Museums and Galleries Yearbook, a catalog of UK museums and galleries
- Yearbook.com, also known as MyYearbook, a social networking service currently owned by Quepasa Corporation
When I think of yearbooks I remember the annual supplements to WorldBook encyclopedia from the school library.
Check out Sea Photo’s 1986 World Book Encyclopedia on FlickR.