Lucky Dip Life Soundtrack

 

Bun-toting Librarian had a go at this meme recently. Here are the results from my shuffle. The only cheat I made, was to skip an audio recording from the couch to 5k running program. “Congratulations, you have made it to week 5…” or something like that.

To do this yourself…

IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?

RULES

[1] Get out / open your music player (iPod, MP3 Player, etc.) / music library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player etc.).

[2] Put it on shuffle.

[3] Press forward / the next button for each theme.

[4] Use the song title as the answer to each theme, even if it doesn’t make sense.

[5] Bold the theme (Opening Credits, Waking Up, etc.), italicize the answers, and give your own comments in the parenthesis on how it relates to the prompt.

[6] DON’T SKIP SONGS OR LIE!

 

Opening Credits
I remember you – Sarah Vaughan, The Roulette Years
(Off to a nostalgic start)

Your Theme
Don’t get around much any more – Harry Connick Jnr.
(mmm is it trying to tell me something)

Waking Up
Bloodstained Heart – Darren Hayes
(Bet that would lead to getting out of the wrong side of bed)

School
La chanson du maçon – Maurice Chevalier
(Imagine thousands of stoneworkers putting slate tiles on the roofs of the city all singing in unison. I can’t really see that being tolerated at school -  on a Bastille Day playlist)

Home
Louise (We’ll get it right) – Jona Lewie
(much more up-tempo than home generally is)

Falling In Love
Just one of those things – Frank Sinatra
(Not at all the thing)

Boyfriend / Girlfriend’s Theme
Feels like a woman – Zucchero
(Good grief)

First Kiss
Over at the Frankenstein Place – Barry Bostwick, Susan Sarandon, Richard O’Brian, Rocky Horror Picture Show
(Sweet tune and harmonies, but location all wrong)

Hanging With Friends
Van Dieman’s Land – U2
(Me and the convicts)

Best Friend’s Theme
Lady Luck – Jamie Woon
(not so much)

Fight With Parents
La petite Tonkinoise – Josephine Baker
(amusing jolly theme for a cat fight)

By Yourself at Home
Everything – Michael Buble
(nice song, but a bit narcissistic if it’s about me alone)

Break Up
Behind the mask – Eric Clapton
(Seems fitting – who do you love?)

Depression
From Russia with Love – Matt Monro
(lessons learned, minor key)

Drunk
I Go – Jess Harlen
(I could listen to that while a little inebriated)

Driving
Angels – Robbie Williams
(I can’t see the connection at all)

Coming Down (Hangover)
Are you old enough – Dragon
(??? – a left over from the school reunion playlist)

Regret
Helter Skelter – U2
(Now if I had a fear of heights I might regret riding one of these)

New Love
Slave to love – Bryan Ferry
(he he he!)

Prom
Rhapsody in Blue – Larry Adler/George Martin
(If I was my grandmother maybe)

Prom speech
I gotta feeling – Black Eyed Peas
(Oh, yes, very positive – was actually song played at my son’s high school graduation)

Graduation
It had better be tonight – Michael Buble
(Don’t want to get the date wrong for your graduation)

Graduation Speech
So into you – Atlanta Rhythm Section
(Totally inappropriate speech)

College
Gold – John Stewart
(Just getting ridiculous now)

Marriage
Hung Up – Madonna
(time goes by, so slowly – nothing like it)

Going To War
De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da – The Police
(The logic ties me up and wrecks me)

Night Before Battle
Migra – Santana
(Good stirring drums to prepare for a battle)

Last Fight
My Delirium – Ladyhawke
(could lead to that)

Last Fight Result
I’ve got the world on a string – Michael Buble
(awesome result)

Reuniting With Old Friends
Hot Stuff – Donna Summer
(.. how big a reunion is this?)

Final Words
Let it Be – Beatles
(I’ll try to remember that for when the time comes)

Funeral
Cool for Cats – Squeeze
(would be surreal to have Davy Crockett riding around at the funeral)

Aftermath
And She Was – Talking Heads
(Are they talking about me?)

Ending Credits
Taking a chance on love – Frank Sinatra
(Life is all one big chance)

Comments