openURL Resolver Integrated into Mendeley

One of my favourite features in Connotea was the ability to add my institution’s openURL resolver into my settings so that while off-campus I could easily go straight from a record in Connotea to my library’s digital collections rather than the circuitous route to the library’s webpages to then search for the article.

Now Mendeley can do this too. The success of this will depend on how accurate the citations are, so records that have been added manually may not have such a great success rate. Citations harvested from database metadata are more likely to be accurate. And of course, whether you get to full text will depend on your Library’s collection of online resources.

This screencast demonstrates where to add the openURL resolver address in your Mendeley account, and how to use the link from a paper.

 

Comments