Things you’ve already done: bold
Things you want to do:
Things you haven’t done and don’t want to - leave in plain font
1. Started your own blog.
Last time I did this? Lake Cargelligo in the 70s in December or January - too hot to stay in the house
3. Played in a band.
School bands count? Played recorder, tenor recorder, clarinet, bass clarinet, glockenspiele at various times/bands. Also got to lead the marching band and twirl the staff.
4. Visited Hawaii
Don't have a burning desire to do this, but won't complain if I get to go there.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.7. Been to Disneyland/world.
8. Climbed a mountain.
Mt Warning, Mt Cougall, Mt Kosciusko (but not quite to the top) - none of these are difficult climbs
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo.
Annie in Annie Get Your Gun - school musical and various school concerts
11. Bungee jumped.
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea?
Watched plenty over the sea, but not actually while I was at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
Does walking, talking count? :-)
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning.
Only very mildly
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables
They are currently being demolished by grasshoppers. Pumpkins, cucumbers, tomatoes, peas, carrots, various salad greens....
Yep, along with the gazillion other masterpieces at the Louvre
20. Slept on an overnight train.
Delhi to Madras, Jaisalmer to Jodphur? it was a long time ago, Barcelona to Ventimiglia or thereabouts.
21. Had a pillow fight.
Has anyone not done this?
22. Hitch hiked.
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill.
I just can't do it, unless I have at least a headache or sore throat.
24. Built a snow fort.
Not a lot of snow in Australia, and not a lot of time to construct a fort when I was in Simla, Switzerland or New Zealand
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
In the privacy of my backyard swimming pool
27. Run a marathon.
Not likely to do this
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice.
Not even when I had the chance - just so darn expensive when you are travelling on a budget
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
Both, wow huh!
31. Hit a home run.
Can't remember, but I did used to play softball at school.
32. Been on a cruise.
How long does it have to be to count as a cruise? Or what about a houseboat on the Hawkesbury River?
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language.
37.Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
Being truly satisfied is dependent more on your state of mind, than your bank balance.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing.
Turtle Rock - Not exactly an effort worth bragging about, but we did abseil down.
40. Seen Michelangelo's David in person
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
4 years old, cut open my forehead, lots of blood, 4 stitches, no siren
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
Also the Taj Mahal - why is it not on this list
Took my boys when they were 8 and 10 - we ate chocolate bars at the top
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling.
Fiji, and someplaces in North Queensland
Don't remember, but possibly. Have definitely showered in the rain during drought breaking rain, when our tanks were dribbling out sediment.
53. Played in the mud.
Yatala, Burleigh, some place near Cessnock - little town I think begins with H. People from Newcastle drive out there for it.
55. Been in a movie.
56. visited the Great Wall of China
58. Taken a martial arts class59. Visited Russia.
Would like to take the trans-Siberian railway one day
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies.
I was a brownie guide
63. Gotten flowers for no reason.
Tend to be a bit anaemic
65. Gone sky diving.66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a cheque.
What's a cheque! Haven't used them in years
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.
A doll, plus some clothes my grandma knitted for it.
71. Eaten Caviar.
And don't need to ever do that again
Quilt was for a cot for my first child
73. Stood in Time Square
I have visited the Everglades on the Noosa River, but not in Florida
75. Been fired from a job.
I wonder if anyone is putting this in italics
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
80. Published a book.
I've got a chapter in a book, but it's too small to count.
81. Visited the Vatican.82. Bought a brand new car.
Well, it had only 35km on it - a demo model. Oh and more recently a Hyundai
83. Walked in Jerusalem
Annie Get Your Gun, School musical - managed to get my two front teeth broken while the reporter was there! The photo did not show the broken teeth, but I was captured wearing a hessian sack dress in the first scene.
85. Read the entire Bible.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
Seen it done at home when i was a child - it was pretty difficult meal to eat as that chicken had a name.
89. Saved someone’s life.90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous.
93. Lost a loved one.94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee
Aah childhood memories making daisy chains from the clover flowers