gmail + ie + cocomment extension = frustration

I've just discovered why gmail was having conniptions in Internet Explorer. I have started using coComments to track conversations (mostly on blogs) to which I have contributed a comment. I've been using the coComment extension for both Firefox and Internet Explorer.

There have been no problems in Firefox, but in IE every time I opened a message, it would automatically go back to my inbox after just a few seconds. Having just disabled the cocomment extension, my messages now stay open. Thankfully, I can just temporarily disable the extension when using Gmail in IE.

I've also added a coComment widget in the sidebar (for those who only read this in a feed reader - you'll have to visit the site to see it) which links to recent comments I've made. Starting to use coComment was the only thing I managed to do as part of the comment challenge.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi,

We will investigate why the combination of IE, Gmail and our extension is not working properly. Thanks a lot for reporting it.

Could you please tell us a bit more about which exact version of IE you are using (release , build number......): there are many buggy versions of IE that causes problems with JavaScript.
Unknown said…
Well, even more conniptions. I just added a comment here using coComment extension in IE 7.0.5730.11, Blogger could not complete the request so the comment did not appear here, but the comment was recorded at coComment - as can be seen in my widget. So I've now disabled it again so as to add this comment.
Anonymous said…
Hi

i've the same problem
when gmail inbox open every few second i hear a noise like mouse click and the address bar get more text something like >div id=cocomment-events-point<>/div<
on every "click".

i'm using win xp and ie6