Zotero Server

I haven't looked at Zotero for awhile, but someone asked me about Connotea as a citation manager and I thought it was time to check in with any updates on this alternative.

I took a look at one of the video tours and heard about Zotero Server which is "coming soon". It promises to turn this local citation manager into a web-enabled social citation tool with:

  • shared collections, notes and public domain documents
  • rss feeds
  • recommendations
  • scholarly groups
  • apis

Zotero: The Next-Generation Research Tool

Could this do to my Connotea use what Feeddemon/Newsgator online has done to my Bloglines use? I have not used Bloglines in weeks. I suspect that there will be a number of my colleagues who are dyed-in-the-wool IE users who may be less excited about shifting to Firefox.

Comments