Open source alternatives

From WHDb comes 50 open source alternatives. Read the comments as there are some who take exception to some of the comparisons.
Open source programs I currently use:
  • Open Office suite - and i have had no problems with documents created in OO and saved in MS file formats. That said, I haven't really put Calc to any extensive use. Mostly I have used Writer and Impress to replace Word and PowerPoint. I like that it can create pdfs and publish presentations in flash.
  • Firefox
  • GIMP
  • Everything pre-loaded on my eee pc, including anti-virus, pidgin, tux paint and lots more

Comments

Matthias said…
My eee pc is happily toiling under the yoke of Windows XP :-D
Anonymous said…
heh, mine is happily running Xandros Linux in full command line mode :-) Afterall if you have vi, you want for nought (grins,ducks,runs)