Book meme

Rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pgs.)
2. Open the book to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the next three sentences
5. Tag five people

 

Nearest book of at least 123pgs is:

Collins Australian Dictionary & Thesaurus, (Pymble, NSW,Harper Collins, c2004) ISBN 0007181396

 

Which is going to  be difficult to work out the sentences for this meme, seeing how dictionaries have these fragments which define the words. So I'll go with definitions instead I think.

 

blent (blɛnt) vb Arch. or literary, a past participle of blend

blepharitis (blɛfə'raɪtɪs) n. inflammation of the eyelids [C19: from Gk blephar(on) eyelis + ITIS]

blesbok or blesbuck ('blɛs,bʌk) n, pl blesboks, blesbok or blesbucks, blesbuck. an antelope of southern Africa. The coat is reddish brown with white blaze between the eyes; the horns are lyre-shaped. [C19: Afrik., from Du. bles BLAZE + bok BUCK]

Thanks to CW for passing on this meme : Book meme at Ruminations

I wonder which of these I can incorporate into my conversation in the next day or two! I'm hopeful that it will not be blepharitis.

 

 

Consider yourself tagged if you like the idea.

Comments