Busy, busy, busy with presentations

It has been a somewhat hectic week month, and not looking like slowing down for some time. I'll be at Beyond the Hype on Friday and Saturday and making a presentation on the Saturday about my personal experiences with social media in a group of bloggers. Yes, I'll be talking about Libraries Interact and how the group interacts with each other and our readers using tools like Google Groups and Frappr.

On the Sunday I'll be flying down to Melbourne for VALA 2008 - but just a short visit. I have been asked to present two sessions in the L plates series on Monday the 4th. One is on blogs and blogging, the second is an introduction to useful, fun, quirky web 2.0 services. The second one is similar to the Cool 2.0 tools presentation that I did with Dave for the QULOC event "Social Software and Libraries" but I've mixed it up a bit and thrown in some quirky gadgets. And I've only got 30 minutes which is extremely tight for introducing 20 tools.

Monday night is the Australian Library Bloggers Dinner with the Thali and any other Aussie lib bloggers who care to join us.

Then I get to spend Tuesday taking in some papers at the conference proper before flying home to take up a secondment to a major university project.

My interest may be less library-oriented for 2008 - Content management systems for websites and intranets.

So January has been a month of presentation preparation.

Paper for Beyond the Hype -- Libraries Interact : a personal view of practical 2.0 -- PPT is still under construction.

Comments