- The difference between consulting and contracting
- Consultant skills categorised into 4 areas: business, professional, interpersonal and consulting
- The process was outlined with 4 preliminary stages including researching the client, entry&partnership, diagnosis of the problem/solution, contracting and negotiating what is to be implemented. The main event is the implementation of the solution and after the curtain closer is measurement and evaluation of how it went.
- People, politics, people, politics, people, politics -- you get it?
- Pitfalls to avoid and how to avoid them -- chief problem is getting the brief wrong, or confusion over the brief.
Some useful insights that can be taken into project management. It was great that we were such a small group (only 6).