Blogger's new version

Wow - I like it a lot. I couldn't wait for the changeover to be available on this blog, so I had to start a new account. I'm ready any time to change this one over to the new version.

Categories - Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
Instant publishing - Yes
Layout changes without requiring html editing - Yes, Yes
Private/Public option - Yes, Yes, Yes (I hope the feed is private too)
Direct html editing of template - Not yet

I want this too or at least give me the option to change the wording of older posts to Previous and newer posts to Next or whatever takes my fancy.


Okay that's enough hype - I'll take a more sober look next time.

Comments

I was all excited when I saw this. I logged in. It recognised my google login. It asked me whether I wanted to change to Beta "Yes!" I cried. Oh no - I'm not allowed to yet, either.

Is your brand new blog linked to your profile? I tried to check it out and couldn't see it. Or do you have to allow my email address to see it? (Nice feature). I too will play. Tomorrow.

I'm a bit annoyed that they are releasing new templates. I've done too much work to mine to make it easy to swap over..but I do love a new look.
Peta said…
My brand new blog is pretty much hidden away as it was really just to test out the new blogger - but I may get around to using it some time.
I currently have two profiles 1. with my usual blogger login, 2. A new one now that I can login using my Google account (actually) 3. the one I use for the official library blog.

I'm looking forward to merging 1 & 2.

My template has a lot of work also - all those show/hide javascripts, librarything widgets, On this day feature.... But the more I do this the easier it becomes to figure out what I want to achieve and so long as I have a backup in plain text i think it would be pretty easier to change to a new template and then just add my favourite bits back.
flexnib said…
Eeep.. I've just swapped my blog over to the new look (they will email me when it's done, apparently), hope I don't regret it...