Points noted from the presentation:
- Not quite 24x7 (weekends it closes at 10pm) - users want 24x7
- Users reported that the information common provided an environment more conducive to study than home - less distractions and noise.
- Underestimated the requirement for cable access - students like to use their own laptop and often prefer cable to wireless
- Since the opening, average increase of 82% in usage of e-resources, although this appears to be through integration of resources within their learning management system
- The decreasing loan statistics levelled off around the time the common was opened although, that now appears to be decreasing again
- Staff need more training in university systems to help users with questions about timetabling, online learning environments and enrollments.
They have plans to establish another info common at a different site.