A-Z for blogjune

I put out the call in early May for a list of obscure or unusual words in the Library and Information Science discipline. Essentially I was crowdsourcing my first post for the month of June in the #blogjune challenge. This challenge requires participants to blog daily during the month of June. The alphabet theme should keep me going. I’m not sure I’ll stick with the following but at least I have a full set.

  • A – armarian
  • B – biblioclast
  • C – codex, compactus
  • D – Dublin Core, discovery layer
  • E – expression
  • F – fascicle
  • G – Grolier
  • H – hold 
  • I – incunabula, Inktomi 
  • J – Jobber
  • K – kalamazoo
  • L – looseleaf
  • M – monograph, metadata, main entry 
  • N – NCIP
  • O – opac, openURL 
  • P – p-slips, photocharging
  • Q – quarto
  • R – recon
  • S – shibboleth
  • T – Trove
  • U – UDC, union catalogue
  • V – verso, vpn
  • W – weeding
  • X – xml
  • Y – yearbook
  • Z – z39.50

So with this introductory post and the alphabet that leaves me with three more posts that need some inspiration. Ideas anyone?

Comments